Peach lemonade is the best refreshment for hot summer days. Just tangy enough and just sweet enough. This recipe has the perfect combination of fruit to make the best lemonade ever!
Peach Lemonade Recipe
Peach season is one of the best things about summer! All the incredible recipes you can make with fresh peach slices, they're such a versatile fresh fruit.
It's also a great idea to freeze in-season peaches so that you'll have fresh fruit in the fall and winter months! You can even use some of those frozen peaches to make a creamy peach smoothie.
But while you've got those ripe peaches in the summer months, you're going to want to try this homemade peach lemonade.
Make a rich and sweet peach syrup to sweeten a pitcher of classic lemonade. Truly the most refreshing combo and it's great for a summer bbq!
Why You'll Love this Recipe
A glass of peach lemonade is a classic drink that is a crowd favorite for so many reasons. Refreshing on a hot day, perfect for gatherings and simple family dinners, and even great to have in the fridge for those moments when you are craving something sweet!
- This delicious drinks is one of the great ways to use up an abundance sweet peaches before they get over-ripe.
- You only need four ingredients to make this easy peach lemonade recipe. No preservatives or chemicals, just fresh ingredients to make the best lemonade ever.
- Make a big pitcher of this easy summer drink to easily serve a large group of party guests. It can also last for a while in the fridge!
Grab these ingredients from the grocery store or your local farmers market during the summer months:
Peach Simple Syrup
- ripe peaches
- fresh lemon juice
- cups of cold water
- peach syrup
Substitutions and Variations
You can use regular sugar in place of honey if you prefer to sweeten lemonade by that method. Coconut sugar, agave syrup, and stevia can also be used in place of honey.
If you would prefer not to make your own peach lemonade syrup, you can purchase something at your grocery store or online. However, your lemonade will have the best flavor if you make a peach syrup from scratch.
Add extra flavor to this recipe with fresh mint sprigs or fresh berries. You can infuse fruit into a large pitcher of this tart summer beverage! You can also make a green tea lemonade by mixing green tea into this recipe.
Make a peach lemonade cocktail by adding a shot of rum or vodka to a glass of this peach drink. You can also make sparkling peach lemonade by using soda water or a wine spritzer!
How to Make Peach Lemonade
Make the peach flavor syrup first, and then a pitcher of lemonade. Follow these steps to make the easiest peach lemonade!
Slice the ripe peaches and them into a small sauce pan. Add one cup of water and ½ cup of honey to the fresh peach slices as well.
Simmer the simple ingredients for about 10 minutes.
Juice 6-8 lemons, you should have a least one cup of juice. Then, add that lemon juice to a large pitcher.
Add water and peach syrup and stir the ingredients together until thoroughly incorporated.
Refrigerate until ready to serve, or serve immediately over ice!
How to Store Peach Lemonade
Store homemade lemonade in the refrigerator for up to a week. It is best stored with a lid on, but that is not required. I recommend giving it a good stir after being stored in case peach syrup has settled to the bottom.
What to Eat with Peach Lemonade
Tips for Success
- Use filtered water to ensure the best flavor for your fresh lemonade. However, tap water will work if that is all you have. Just be sure to refrigerate it so that it is extra cold before you mix everything together!
- For a fun frozen treat, add this classic homemade lemonade to popsicle molds and freeze it. An easy and simple way to make lemonade popsicles!
- Before making the lemonade, strain the lemon juice through a fine-mesh strainer to remove seeds and pulp.
Although purees and syrups are not the same things, they can be used interchangeably in this recipe. If you use peach puree you may need to adjust how much honey or sugar you use. For best results, make sure the puree is strained and chunks have been removed.
You can absolutely replace fresh peaches with frozen peaches in the simply syrup recipe. However, keep in mind that some frozen peaches aren't fully ripe before they get frozen. So the flavor of your simple syrup may not be as sweet, but it will still taste wonderful!
More Drink Recipes
If you make and love this recipe, please leave a ★★★★★ review below! It means so much to me when you try my recipes, and I'd love to know how it goes. Please leave a comment below if you have any questions.
Peach Simple Syrup
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup honey (or sugar)
- 4 ripe peaches, cut into slices
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice (from about 6-8 lemons)
- 4 cups cold water
- peach syrup
- In a saucepan, simmer water, honey and peach for 10 minutes.
- With a fine mesh strainer, strain the peach skin and pulp from the simple syrup.
- Mix lemon juice, cold water and syrup in a pitcher and serve over ice.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 6 ounces
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 137Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 13mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 2gSugar: 31gProtein: 1g