Easy Cheese Garlic Bread
Sometimes simplicity surprises me. Cooking is one of those things that so easily becomes overcomplicated and you think you need a million things to make a delicious homemade meal. What if I told you this recipe only uses four ingredients? Yep, four, or quattro in Italian. And if you ask me, or my family that devoured these bite sized pieces of heaven, that’s just about all you need.
What’s also awesome about this side dish or appetizer is that it takes about five minutes to prep and then you get to forget about it for another 20 or so while you finish working on the main course. Those are the best kinds of appetizers, right? Serve these slices up on a rustic bread board with some dipping sauce and you’re all set.
If you’re a cheese bread connoisseur, you’ll know that almost as important as the prep process of the cheesy bread is the dipping sauce. You can’t just dip these slices into any old sauce, it has to be good. That’s why for this recipe, I had to pick up a jar of Mezzetta marinara pasta sauce. It’s a classic sauce recipe that goes perfectly with these garlic bread slices. With fall quickly approaching, these hearty pasta sauce flavors are perfect for dinnertime.
You don’t even have to add this appetizer to a pasta meal, you can easily snack on this before enjoying a nice meat and veggies meal as well. It’s an incredibly versatile appetizer that can be used to serve two people or a party full. As long as you use quality ingredients, your options for how and when to serve this dish are endless.Print
- 1 loaf french or rustic bread
- Italian blend cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
- 2–3 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
- Unsalted butter, cut into 1 inch slices
- Slice bread in half long ways, through the center of bread
- Cut in half horizontally, if necessary to fit on pan
- Generously cover each piece of bread with butter slices
- Sprinkle Italian blend cheese over loaf
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over loaf
- Place garlic slices on top of cheese
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes (or until cheese is almost melted)
- Optional: Broil on low for 5 minutes for golden brown effect
- Let rest for a few minutes, then cut into slices
- Serve with Mezzetta pasta sauce
What is your favorite way to use Mezzetta pasta sauce?
Pin it for later: