This is easily the best homemade hamburger recipe you'll find! You only need 20 minutes and some simple ingredient to make burgers that the whole family will love. No more need for fast food burgers on a busy evening.
The Best Homemade Hamburger Recipe
A good burger is a staple of American cuisine. There is just nothing quite like a juicy burger that is perfectly seasoned, topped with melted cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, pickles and your favorite condiments.
Everyone should know how to make a perfect burger, and this easy recipe makes the absolute best homemade burgers! Say goodbye to dry burgers that have no flavor.
I firmly believe that the choice of meat will affect how your burgers turn out. One of the best tips I can give you is to purchase good quality ground beef in order to see the best results when making homemade hamburgers.
I am also a firm believer that the way you season a burger determines how good it can be. This recipe uses my delicious homemade burger seasoning! Trust me, perfect results every single time.
So, now you can go into every cook out confident that you have the best homemade hamburger recipe. Plus, it's so easy, you'll find yourself making them as an easy dinner recipe too!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- You only need four ingredients to make these super simple and easy burgers!
- This homemade burger recipe is gluten-free. You can serve it to gluten sensitive individuals with peace of mind.
- It doesn't take long to make a batch of these burgers, you only need 30 minutes!
Grab these simple ingredients and let's get to grillin'!
- ground beef
- almond flour
- burger seasoning
Substitutions and Variations
Add an extra layer of flavor to the best homemade hamburger recipe by adding a splash of Worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke, or soy sauce to the meat mixture before forming the patties.
If you have a store-bought hamburger seasoning that you love, you can use it in place of the homemade burger seasoning.
I recommend using 80/20 beef but you can use more lean beef if you prefer. Your burgers may turn out a little more dry, so be sure you do not overcook them.
If you want to make burgers with a more lean meat option, I recommend using my recipe for grilled turkey burgers or grilled chicken burgers instead of trying to adapt this recipe.
You can swap out almond flour for another gluten-free flour like cassava flour, coconut flour, or a gluten free all-purpose flour. Feel free to use regular all-purpose flour in the best homemade hamburger recipe too.
Essential grilling tools
Truthfully, you don’t need more than a good pair of tongs and a grill that works. Whether it’s charcoal, pellet or gas is up to you.
However, if you’re willing to invest in a few tools, you’re setting yourself up for grilling success. Here’s what I recommend:
- No-stick spray: Weber Grill Spray is the perfect spray to coat the grates and makes it easy to clean.
- A meat thermometer: Any meat thermometer will work. We have a simple handheld meat thermometer, but I’ve been eyeing the wireless, Bluetooth thermometers.
- A grill brush: A good-quality grill brush will help you clean off any burnt-on residue without scratching the grates.
- Kitchen shears: I don’t go a day in my kitchen without using my kitchen scissors, and that goes for grilling too. They are handy for snipping off fatty parts of meat.
- Utensils: A great pair of tongs and a turner will go a long way in helping you flip anything you cook, from burgers to chicken wings to corn on the cob.
- Grill basket: Use a metal basket for kebabs, veggies like carrots or cut squash or small cuts of meat that might fall through the grill grates.
How to Make The Best Homemade Hamburger Recipe
Putting together these burgers is super simple! Here's how to do it:
First, preheat your grill to medium-high heat, about 375°F to 400°F. Make sure the grill grates are clean.
In a large bowl, mix together two pounds of ground beef, almond flour and egg until combined well.
Sprinkle 2 tablespoons over the meat mixture and then work it into the beef until it is thoroughly seasoned.
Form patties by making baseball size balls of hamburger meat.
Flatten each patty gently and then use your thumb to create an indention in the center of each patty.
Set each patty aside on a baking sheet as work on the others.
Hot Tip: Be careful not to overwork the meat, as that can make the patties tough.
Take the remaining tablespoon of burger seasoning and season the outside of the ground beef patties well.
Place burgers onto the preheated grill and cook the first side for 3-4 minutes.
Flip each patty and cook the other side another 3-4 minutes, until the internal temperature is 145° Fahrenheit.
Use an instant-read thermometer to check the temperature of your burgers. Make sure you cook your burgers to a safe temperature!
Pull the burgers off the grill and serve with desired toppings.
Toppings for Homemade Hamburgers
Serve your juicy hamburgers on hamburger buns, brioche buns, in a lettuce wrap, or over rice to make a burger bowl. And of course, add your toppings of choice.
There are so many yummy toppings you can put on burgers! I've got a post that lists 100+ burger toppings, but here are some of my favorites:
- Slice of cheese: Cheddar cheese, provolone cheese, and pepper jack are my favorites!
- Veggies: Lettuce, tomato, onion, avocado, and pickles are some of the most common vegetable toppings.
- Condiments: You can't forget the perfect combination of condiments. Burger sauce is a must, but mustard, mayo, ketchup, and relish are also so tasty.
- Other: Bacon on a burgers is classic, but have you tried topping your burger with a fried egg too? Sometimes I'll even put some of my sausage dip on a burger.
What to serve with Homemade Hamburgers
Keep things on the grill and serve the best homemade hamburger recipe with grilled squash or grilled zucchini. Or, go the classic route and serve your hamburgers with french fries or potato skins.
I like to make rosemary potatoes or oven roasted green beans as a healthier side option.
Corn and tomato salad is another great light side that is perfect for a summer barbecue. Or make a bacon potato salad if you're not a fan or corn and tomatoes!
Don't forget a delicious dessert like peach cobbler or strawberry shortcake cupcakes!
How to Store Leftover Hamburgers
Place leftover hamburger patties into an airtight container, or wrap them tightly in plastic wrap. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
You can freeze leftover patties in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Thaw completely before reheating.
To reheat, place in the oven, on the stovetop, or in the microwave until heated through. Check the internal temperature to be sure it reaches a safe temp!
Tips for Suceess
- If you want to make smash burgers, this is a great recipe to use. Just use a burger press and turn these into thin and delicious homemade smash burgers.
- When your burgers are on the grill, don't flatten them with a spatula no matter how much you're tempted. It will push some of the juices out of the burger and can make them dry.
- Put the cheese on your burger as it is cooking on the second side so that it becomes all melty and gooey!
Many of the techniques used in this best homemade hamburger recipe are secrets to what makes a good burger. Use good quality ground beef, season the hamburger meat well, don't over-mix the meat, and use a thermometer to check the temperature. Another great tip is to keep the meat cold as you mix it. You could even refrigerate a large bowl before mixing the ground chuck with all of the seasonings.
Grilled burgers have the best flavor, but if you don't have a grill you can make these on the stove top. Use a cast iron skillet or a large skillet and cook them just like you would on the grill. You can use a griddle as well!
More Grilling Recipes
- Grilled Zucchini and Squash
- Grilled Shrimp Skewers
- Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken
- Grilled Chicken Fajitas
If you make and love this recipe, please leave a ★★★★★ review below! It means so much to me when you try my recipes, and I'd love to know how it goes. Please leave a comment below if you have any questions.
Make super flavorful burgers with this incredible homemade hamburger recipe. You can make them at your next cook-out or as a quick dinner on a busy weeknight!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons burger seasoning
- Preheat the grill to medium high heat (375º-400º).
- Mix together burger ingredients and then mix in 2 tablespoons of burger seasoning.
- Form patties by making a baseball size ball and then flattening gently into a patty, being careful not to overwork the meat which can make the patties tough.
- Use your thumb to make an indentation in the center of the burger, about a ¼ inch deep.
- Add remaining burger seasoning and rub over patties.
- Place burgers on grill and cook the first side for 3-4 minutes.
- Flip burgers and cook another 3-4 minutes, until internal temperature is 145º for medium temperature.
- Top burgers with desired toppings and serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 247Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 85mgSodium: 119mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 22g
Leave a Reply