This is the best burger seasoning recipe ever! So simple and easy, and your burgers will turn out perfectly seasoned every time.
Burger Seasoning Recipe
Since the weather is finally warming up, it's almost time for cookouts and pool parties again! Summer can get so hot, but these fun outdoor events always make up for it.
Homemade hamburgers are always a go to for those summer parties, so having a quick way to get amazing flavor out of those burgers is important. This homemade burger seasoning is the perfect blend of spices for all kinds of burgers!
This burger seasoning is my favorite for ground beef and ground turkey, but I use this homemade lemon pepper seasoning for chicken! Making your own spice blends is a game changer.
So when you're ready to throw together some gourmet burgers this summer, whip up this easy hamburger seasoning right in your own kitchen. Your burgers will be packed with an incredible flavor and you'll never go back to store-bought burger seasoning!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- You can easily double or triple this easy recipe so that you have plenty to season a big batch of homemade hamburger patties.
- Making your own seasoning blends saves money! Plus, it's one less thing you have to remember to buy at the grocery store.
- It only takes about five minutes to combine these simple ingredients and make the best burger seasoning.
Why You Should Use Burger Seasoning
Salt and pepper just won't cut it when you're making burgers! You need burger seasoning to really season ground beef (or ground turkey!) well. The flavor of a well-seasoned burger will come through on a bun or lettuce wrap. Make the most of your homemade burgers and season them well with this easy recipe!
You probably have most, if not all, of these in your spice cabinet already! But take a look and grab anything you're missing on your next grocery run:
- salt: This recipe calls for sea salt, but you could easily substitute it for table salt.
- black pepper: Make sure that the black pepper you are using is not too coarsely ground. The more finely ground the pepper, the better it will mix and distribute well.
- onion powder: Even if you plan to top your burger patty with fresh or grilled onions, you'll want to season the ground beef with onion powder.
- garlic powder: Garlic powder really elevates the flavor of a well-seasoned burger, so don't omit it.
- smoked paprika: You can substitute regular paprika for smoked paprika, but the smoked paprika just has a better flavor!
- chipotle powder: If you don't have chipotle powder, you can substitute red pepper.
How To Make Burger Seasoning
It's really simple to make this homemade burger seasoning so that you'll always have an amazing burger! And don't forget to add the burger sauce.
Here's how to make my famous burger seasoning:
Add salt, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika, and chipotle powder to a small bowl or mason jar.
Stir the ingredients together until thoroughly combined, or shake in a jar until combined.
Store any leftovers of your homemade seasoning blend in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 6 months.
How to Use Burger Seasoning
This recipe works for about one pound of ground beef. So, double or triple it for the amount of meat you intend to use.
Mix 2 tablespoons of seasoning per pound into the meat, and use the rest to sprinkle onto each side of the burger patties and coat them in seasoning.
You can also use this seasoning for turkey burgers, and as a rub for many other beef recipes!
Tips for Success
- Make sure no moisture mixes in with the dry spices or it can become clumpy and difficult to work with.
- Feel free to add things like freshly minced garlic, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, or liquid smoke to your ground beef patties. They'll pair well with this burger seasoning and will add extra flavor to your burgers!
- When using lean beef and ground turkey, season well to help the burgers make up for some flavor that the fat of ground beef typically provides.
- If you don't have a gas grill or charcoal grill, you can easily make pan-fried burgers or burgers on a griddle. This burger seasoning mix will provide great flavor no matter what cooking method you use.
Put some seasoning in the meat and mix it together before you make the patties. But sprinkle the rest of the seasoning on the patties immediately before you put them on the grill.
An 80/20 blend is perfect for burgers. It's got a great amount of fat to keep the burgers juicy, but won't make them greasy.
More Seasonings and Marinades
- Lemon Chicken Marinade
- Cilantro Lime Chicken Marinade
- Grilled Shrimp Marinade
- Italian Marinade for Pork Chops
If you make and love this recipe, please leave a ★★★★★ review below! It means so much to me when you try my recipes, and I'd love to know how it goes. Please leave a comment below if you have any questions.
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon chipotle powder
- Add salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika, and chipotle powder to a bowl.
- Stir the ingredients together until fully combined.
- Season one pound of ground beef with 2 tablespoons of seasoning, and use the rest to coat both sides of the patties before grilling or cooking.
- Store burger seasoning in a food-safe, airtight container such as a mason jar or spice jar.
Make sure no moisture mixes in with the dry spices or it can become clumpy and difficult to work with.
Feel free to add things like freshly minced garlic, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, or liquid smoke to your ground beef patties. They'll pair well with this burger seasoning and will add extra flavor to your burgers!
When using lean beef and ground turkey, season well to help the burgers make up for some flavor that the fat of ground beef typically provides.
If you don't have a gas grill or charcoal grill, you can easily make pan-fried burgers or burgers on a griddle. This burger seasoning mix will provide great flavor regardless of your cooking method.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: ½ ounce
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 7Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 320mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g