These super simple oven roasted green beans are the answer to your dinner time worries! Round out a meal with a healthy serving of tasty veggies that only take a few ingredients to make.
Oven Roasted Green Beans Recipe
Sometimes it can be really difficult to come up with easy side dishes for dinner. Or, you can easily get stuck in a cycle of having the same dishes over and over again that you get burnt out on them.
These oven roasted green beans are super easy, so flavorful, and pair well with a whole host of main course dishes! Even the picky eater in your family, who doesn't like veggies, will probably gobble up these green beans.
So, if you're looking a way to balance out a quick weeknight meal, throwing a serving of vegetables on a plate is always easiest. These green beans won't take much effort and will be ready to go in no time!
Why You'll Love this Recipe
- It only takes a couple of minutes to prep this healthy side dish, and the oven does the rest of the work for you.
- You only need a handful of ingredients to make oven baked green beans.
- Making a side dish that has easy clean-up will reduce the number of dishes you have to wash after dinner.
Grab these simple ingredients next time you go to the grocery store:
- fresh green beans: I do not recommend using canned green beans as a substitute in this recipe. Fresh green beans are a little more hearty and will cook more evenly in the oven.
- olive oil: Feel free to substitute avocado oil, vegetable oil, or butter in place of the extra-virgin olive oil.
- salt: Sea salt or kosher salt will taste best in this green beans recipe!
- pepper: Salt and pepper are really all the seasonings these green beans need.
Substitutions and Variations
Squeeze a little lemon juice over these roasted green beans, or add lemon zest. The flavors pair really well together in this dish!
Feel free to add a little garlic powder and/ or minced garlic to this recipe.
Thinly sliced almond would make a fabulous addition to oven roasted green beans. The extra crunch and subtle flavor are the perfect combo!
How To Make Oven Roasted Green Beans
Follow these step by step instructions to make best green beans to pair with your main dish!
Preheat your oven to 400°F. Then, spread out the fresh green beans onto a baking sheet in a single layer.
Drizzle olive oil on the green beans and stir them around with a silicone spatula or wooden spoon.
Once all of the green beans are well coated in oil, sprinkle sea salt and pepper evenly over them.
Place the seasoned green beans into the preheated oven and bake for 14-16 minutes. The green beans should be tender and piping hot!
Serve while hot, alongside with any other healthy side dish and delicious main dish you decide to make.
What to Serve with Oven Roasted Green Beans
How to Store Leftover Green Beans
Place completely cooled leftovers into an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. I do not recommend freezing this dish. Since it's really easy to make, just make a fresh batch whenever you need them!
To reheat, place in the oven or microwave until heated through.
Tips for Success
- Make sure that the green beans are spread out as one even layer and not stacked on top of each other. They'll cook more evenly that way!
- Ensure the green beans are dry before seasoning them. You can pat them dry with a paper towel and then oil and season them.
- Don't over salt the green beans. If they are not salty enough for your liking, you can always add a bit more salt after the fact.
It is not necessary to blanch green beans before roasting them. Roasting them in oil will cook them perfectly and evenly! You can absolutely blanch them in cold water if you so choose, but it is not needed.
You can, but it is not recommended to use them in this recipe. Fresh green beans will roast evenly and remain crisp, but frozen green beans will likely become a mushy mess.
More Side Dish Recipes
- Oven Roasted Broccoli
- Roasted Rosemary Potatoes
- Garlic Green Beans with Brown Butter
- Fresh Fruit Salad
If you make and love this recipe, please leave a ★★★★★ review below! It means so much to me when you try my recipes, and I'd love to know how it goes. Please leave a comment below if you have any questions.
- 12 ounces fresh green beans
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400° Fahrenheit.
- Place green beans on a roasting pan or baking sheet in a single layer.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook in the oven for 14-16 min.