This corn and tomato salad is the perfect side dish for your summer BBQs! Fresh vegetables, tossed in a homemade dressing. You'll love this refreshing salad full of delicious flavors.
Corn and Tomato Salad Recipe
Skip the regular green salad and make a delicious corn tomato salad at your next cookout!
This easy salad is so refreshing on a hot summer day since corn, tomatoes, and cucumbers are in peak season. Plus, it goes perfectly with really any meal I make on the grill!
Corn and tomato salad is perfect to bring as to a potluck or family gathering as well. It's always a hit and I get rave reviews whenever I bring a large bowl of it.
If you're looking for some healthy recipes for those summer picnics and barbecues, this is just the thing. Grab these fresh and tasty ingredients and throw together the perfect corn tomato salad!
Why You'll Love this Recipe
- It only takes 10 minutes to throw together this delicious salad with juicy tomatoes.
- This is a great vegetarian recipe to make for a gathering so that many people will be able to eat it!
- This tomato salad recipe is very versatile and can be pair with tons of different main dishes.
Add these ingredients to your grocery list the next you head to the store:
- canned corn
- diced cucumber
- cherry tomatoes
- crumbed feta cheese
- diced red onion
- fresh parsley
You'll also need these items for the basil dressing:
- extra virgin olive oil
- apple cider vinegar
- freshly squeezed lemon juice
- minced garlic
- dried basil
- ground black pepper
Substitutions and Variations
The strong flavor a red onion pairs wonderfully with all of the other flavors in this salad, but if it's too strong for you then you can use a white or yellow onion instead.
You can use canned sweet corn if you'd like! Or, remove the kernels off of fresh corn on the cob cooked on the grill or the stovetop.
Use goat cheese or ricotta in place of the crumbled feta cheese. You can also swap the apple cider vinegar for balsamic vinegar or red wine vinegar.
Add some more fresh veggies like diced red bell pepper, diced jalapeños, or even top each serving with slice of ripe avocados.
To add a little kick to this corn salad recipe, throw some red chili flakes into the dressing before you mix it into the salad.
Feel free to swap the olive oil for avocado oil if you prefer. You can also give the dressing a base of lime juice instead of lemon juice if you'd like.
How to Make Corn and Tomato Salad
Making this corn & tomato salad is so simple! Here's what to do:
Finely dice the cucumber, tomatoes, red onion and parsley with a sharp knife.
Then, combine those ingredients in a large bowl along with the corn and feta crumbles and stir until incorporated.
In a medium bowl, stir together all of the ingredients for the basil dressing. Use a whisk to mix until thoroughly incorporated.
Pour the freshly made dressing over the salad ingredients and toss well until all of the corn salad ingredients are covered in dressing.
For best results, don't serve this salad at room temperature. Allow it to chill and then serve!
How to Store Leftover Corn and Tomato Salad
Place leftovers in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. I do not recommend freezing this salad.
What to Serve with Corn and Tomato Salad
But of course, this dish can be paired with so much more than just grilled main dishes!
Tips for Success
- Give each serving of tomato and corn salad an extra beautiful presentation by serving it in lettuce cups.
- For the best flavor, use freshly squeezed lemon juice and not the stuff that comes in a bottle.
- To easily mix together the dressing, place all ingredients in a large mason jar or cup with a lid and give it a good shake!
Yes! Be sure to allow plenty of time for frozen corn to fully thaw before using it. You could place the frozen corn in the fridge to thaw slowly overnight.
If you'd like to add a grilled and smoky flavor to your salad, grill all the veggies before you dice them up and use them in the salad. It would taste delicious!
More Salad Recipes
If you make and love this recipe, please leave a ★★★★★ review below! It means so much to me when you try my recipes, and I'd love to know how it goes. Please leave a comment below if you have any questions.
- 20 ounces corn kernels (see note), drained and rinsed
- 2 cups diced cucumber
- 1 ½ cups cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 1 cup crumbed feta cheese
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine all salad ingredients (corn, cucumber, tomatoes, feta, red onion and parsley).
- In a medium bowl, stir together all dressing ingredients. Stir until well mixed.
- Pour dressing over corn salad ingredients and toss well to mix until all salad ingredients are coated in dressing.
The weight of 20 ounces of corn should be the weight after the corn is drained and rinsed, so be sure to buy a can of corn kernels labeled higher than 20 ounces.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 391Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 488mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 5gSugar: 12gProtein: 11g