Looking for an easy breakfast to make for a crowd or to prep for the week ahead? This spinach veggie egg casserole is packed with veggies and can be customized to include meat or be vegetarian! This is the kitchen sink of breakfast casseroles that can be customized to use up those veggies in your fridge! Get ready for a delicious, filling breakfast for the whole family to enjoy.
This is another post that is a part of my maternity leave all about meals to bring to others. In this series I’m sharing tried and true meals that are perfect to bring to someone in a time of need, whether it’s a loved one lost or a new baby in the family. These are the meals I love bringing to people! This spinach veggie egg casserole is perfect to bring to someone, because breakfast is the most important meal of the day – but one that’s often overlooked when people are brought meals. I hope that you’ll make it for your family or for someone else!
This spinach veggie egg casserole is a spin off of one of our go to breakfasts, this Egg Casserole Breakfast Bake.
After falling in love with this recipe, I started making egg casseroles so often that I started trying out new veggie combinations. One day we had a bunch of spinach – side note, isn’t it annoying how spinach always seems to go bad instantly?– that I needed to use as soon as possible.
I decided to try combining a few ideas I had seen in a magazine all about casseroles that I got suckered into at the grocery store. I threw in a bunch of veggies that we had at the time and hoped it would work!
Luckily it totally did. I ended up adding extra eggs from my usual egg casserole base and I loved how hearty it made this casserole.
Egg casseroles are one of the few breakfasts that actually fill me up – most breakfasts I am hungry 30 minutes later no matter how much I eat. So for me, the heartier the casseroles the better!
You can easily customize this casserole with the veggies you have on hand, different potato styles (shredded potatoes are also awesome in casseroles) or adding cheese to this casserole! You can also skip the meat in it for a vegetarian option.
This egg casserole would be absolutely amazing to bring to a family going through a tough transition, whether that means they have lost a loved one or are going through a big transition like a job loss, new house or new baby.
Check out my full post on The Best Recipes to Bring to Others.
Breakfast is often forgotten about when people want to bring food to someone, but this casserole would be perfect for feeding a family and brightening their week!
Ready to make your own Spinach Veggie Egg Casserole? Scroll down for the recipe!
- 12 eggs
- 1 ½ cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 1 pepper, diced (I prefer to use red or orange for contrast but you can use any!)
- 1 cup cubed or diced ham
- ½ onion, diced
- 2 cups breakfast potato cubes (prepackaged or pre-cooked if using fresh)
- ½ bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 cup cheddar or mixed cheese, optional
- Extra veggies of your choice (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350?.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together milk, eggs, salt and pepper. (I've found using a wooden spoon or silicone spatula is best for this because the other ingredients get stuck in a whisk).
- Chop veggies and add to bowl. Add ham. Add cheese if desired. Stir to combine.
- Pour into a grease casserole dish or disposable pan. Bake for 45 minutes or until eggs are solid when you shake the pan.
- Serve immediately or allow to come to room temperature before storing in refrigerator.