In need of a quick but delicious side dish for dinner? This sweet potato kale saut? is perfectly delicious and easy to make. The sweet potatoes are the star of this show, but the red onions, cranberries, kale and a splash of balsamic vinegar make this dish robust in flavor!
This post contains affiliate links. Affiliate links support A Joyfully Mad Kitchen at no additional cost to you. I receive a commission if you choose to make a purchase through these links.
Is your house a little chaotic around dinner time?
Do you find it’s easy to know what main dish you’re serving, but side dishes are the struggle?
I totally get that.
It’s fairly easy for me to come up with a main course idea for dinner, but often I get stuck when it comes to a side dish.
Easy sides are essential to me since my time is usually spent making some sort of meat for a main course. But I like side dishes that are a bit universal and can used with a variety of entrees, which is why I so often default to a grain like pasta or rice.
This sweet potato kale side dish is one of our new favorites because it’s simple to make but it is no where near lacking in flavor, which I love.
I was inspired to make this sweet potato kale side dish recipe by a frozen side dish I saw while I was browsing Target a while back.
This side dish can be pulled together in just a handful of minutes and is packed with flavor and nutrition. My son gobbled up the sweet potatoes and may have even snuck in a few pieces of kale, too. The whole family can enjoy this easy weeknight sweet potato kale side dish that can go with anything from chicken to cast iron steaks.
Recommended Tools for Balsamic Vinegar Sweet Potato Kale Saut?
What should I serve?this recipe with?
Ready to make this recipe? Scroll down for the full recipe! Save this pin for later.
If you’ve made this recipe or you’re thinking about it, I’d love to know! Comment below and leave a rating. Or post a photo on Instagram with the hashtag #jmrecipes!Print
In need of a quick but delicious side dish for dinner? This sweet potato and kale saut? is perfectly delicious and easy to make. The sweet potatoes are the star of this show, but the red onions, cranberries, kale and a splash of balsamic vinegar make this dish robust in flavor!
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 large stalks of kale, veins removed and chopped or ripped into 1 in pieces
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- Heat oil on a frying pan on medium heat
- When oil is hot, add sweet potatoes.
- Saut? sweet potatoes for 3 minutes, with lid on the pan, stirring halfway through.
- Add red onion and continue saut?ing for 2 more minutes.
- If sweet potatoes are almost done (able to be pierced with a fork), add kale pieces and cranberries. If not, continue cooking for 2 more minutes.
- Add lid onto pan for another 2 minutes, then drizzle balsamic vinegar over everything and serve immediately.