Celebrate a fall baby with a baby shower that is everything fall: pumpkin spice lattes, delicious comfort food appetizers, stovetop apple cider and tons of pumpkin decorations! This is a great list of fall themed baby shower party ideas!
This post contains affiliate links. Affiliate links support A Joyfully Mad Kitchen at no additional cost to you. I receive a commission if you choose to make a purchase through these links.
How to Plan a Fall Themed Baby Shower
Pick a theme
The first step in planning any party is deciding whether or not to have a theme.
A lot of baby showers can be generic so one way to make a baby shower unique is to pick a theme that you can base all of the details of the shower around.
For any themed shower, you can build out the shower with themed food, desserts, drinks, decorations, invitations and even party favors.
Decorate Based on Your Theme
When it comes to party decor, the best thing you can do is to use as many items as you can that ?you already have in your home.
Themes can really help to narrow down what decoration pieces you'll need. For a fall themed baby shower, you can use the fall decor you already have in your home?or?the benefit to buying fall decorations for a shower is that you'll be able to reuse them every fall season!
I also love incorporating the food and drinks into the decorations as well. In this case, I created a simple vinyl design and cut it out with my Cricut Explore Air? Machine?to place on a set of smooth mason jars. I added a simple bow and paper straw and that ended up being a cute and functional decoration.
Pick a Party Favor
Everyone loves baby pumpkins, so we thought it would make the perfect party favor.
You can also add a fun handwritten thank you tag or a ribbon if your pumpkin stems are long enough.
Mini pumpkins can be found all over this time of year and are relatively inexpensive. You can also grab a few extras to place among the other decorations to add some texture.
Plan Your Menu
Of course, the most important part of any good party is the food, right? Being a bit of a foodie, my mom had me help coordinate the food for the party. If you're having an afternoon shower, provide light finder foods and snacks for your guests since it is in between meal times. We decided to go carb heavy and utilize some rich fall flavors. Here's what our menu consisted of:
Appetizers Ideas for Fall Baby Shower
- Caramelized onion, gruyere and spinach puff pastry tart
- Pear and apple spiced tart
- Spinach and artichoke dip bread bowl
- Cranberry goat cheese and butternut squash crostinis
Drinks?Ideas for Fall Baby Shower
Dessert Ideas for Fall Baby Shower
- Apple spiced cupcakes
- Mini pumpkin pies
- Pecan Pie Crumble Bars
- Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Pumpkin Sheet Cake
The menu for a themed shower should stick to your theme as much as you can, but no one will mind too much if everything doesn't fit the theme exactly. Have fun with coming up with ways to incorporate fall flavors, like pumpkin, apple, squashes, and other rich flavors into a menu that is perfect for an afternoon shower.
Brunch Ideas for Fall Baby Shower
For brunch, I love serving something like this spinach veggie egg casserole, some muffins (maybe Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Muffins for this theme!), a light fruit salad and coffee. Then you can also do some fun, light desserts. This baby shower had a fun, light menu that would be easy and fun!
One thing I love to do when setting up a party is getting out the serving dishes before hand.
Even before you get started cooking, if your plates are out and ready it makes it so much easier to go from cooking to prepping the party right before guests come by. It also helps to make sure you have enough dishes out and that everything works well together the way you want it to.
I recommend a dessert tower of some kind for displaying the dessert choices. This is a great way to break up the table or area where you are displaying all of the food by adding some height changes in the dishes. Plus it's a great way to draw attention to the desserts you have, because let's be honest, everyone comes to a party for the desserts.
My best advice for planning a shower like this is to make lists of the things you need or have to use, do as much ahead of time as you can and most of all enjoy it!
Supplies You Need for a Fall Baby Shower:
Three Tier Serving Stand
- 1 box of Pillsbury Purely Simple White Cake Mix
- 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled and chopped into 1 inch chunks
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of nutmeg
Maple Cream Cheese Icing
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 ½-2 cups confectioner's sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Follow the instructions on the Pillsbury Purely Simple White Cake Mix box
- Add apples and spices and gently mix.
- Bake according to directions on package.
- Allow to cool and then frost with your favorite cream cheese icing
For the icing
- Using a hand mixer, beat cream cheese and butter together.
- Add ½ cup of confectioner's sugar at a time until you reach desired consistency and sweetness.
- Add 2 tablespoons of maple syrup to frosting. Taste for sweetness and maple flavor. If you want more maple flavor, add 2 more tablespoons and combine with mixer.
- Frost cake immediately or place frosting in fridge until ready to frost.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0Total Fat: 0g