Pumpkin sheet cake is the perfect dessert to share this fall! It’s packed with fall spices and pumpkin, so it’s bound to be a hit! It’s so easy to make and share with friends! The maple cream cheese frosting makes this dessert almost irresistible.
This post contains affiliate links. Affiliate links support A Joyfully Mad Kitchen at no additional cost to you. I receive a commission if you choose to make a purchase through these links.
Whenever I need a fall dessert to feed a crowd, I know that a pumpkin sheet cake is the answer. I thought of the idea for a pumpkin sheet cake a few years back when I was in charge of bringing dessert to family dinner. I needed to be able to feed almost ten of us and knew this pumpkin sheet cake would last us!
The whole family was a huge fan of the pumpkin cake and?especially loved the maple cream cheese frosting on top. I love cream cheese icing because it’s less sweet than a traditional buttercream icing. With the addition of pure maple syrup you get a bit of sweetness but it also adds a depth and edge to the flavor of the icing. The pumpkin sheet cake is definitely the star of this dessert?but it just wouldn’t be the same without this maple cream cheese frosting.
This pumpkin sheet cake is the perfect balance between a dessert that is gobbled up quickly because it’s so good AND a good dessert that can feed a crowd.?Sheet cakes are perfect for get togethers because people can take a slice or two that is the perfect size for their appetite and there will still be plenty to go around!
When the season turns to fall, I’m all about all the pumpkin things so this dessert is neither the first nor last pumpkin dessert you’ll see in my house. These pumpkin snickerdoodle cookies have made an appearance a few times already and I doubt they’ll be disappearing any time soon.
This pumpkin sheet cake is light, airy and full of flavor. Between the pumpkin and the fall spices, each bite will make you feel more and more cozy (even if it’s still 90 degrees where you live… ahem, Arizona).
So grab a slice of this delicious pumpkin sheet cake, topped with plenty of maple cream cheese icing and enjoy the feelings and flavors of fall.
For more fall recipes
For the cake
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs beaten
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon salt
For the frosting
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 1 - 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9x13 cake pan.
- Beat pumpkin, sugars, and oil.
- Add eggs and combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Then slowly add dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture, until well blended.
- Pour into cake pan and bake for 25-35 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool completely before frosting.
- Using a hand mixer, beat cream cheese and butter together.
- Add ½ cup of confectioner's sugar at a time until you reach desired consistency and sweetness.
- Add maple syrup to frosting. Taste for sweetness and maple flavor. If you want more maple flavor, add more syrup combine with mixer.
- Frost cake immediately or place frosting in fridge until ready to frost.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0Total Fat: 0g