Next time guests come over, assemble one of these easy appetizer recipes to share with your friends and family. From dips to small bites, there are lots of delicious and simple choices.
We have all been in that situation where somehow guests end up invited over unexpectedly.
Gathering around the table doesn't always have to be perfect.
But it can be really stressful when you feel obligated to provide some sort of food and you haven't been able to go to the store to pick up something quick and easy, even if it's just chips and guacamole while you are chatting.
With a bit of creativity, it's easy to come up with a quick appetizer to share with your guests. Scroll through this list — you might have everything you need for one of these recipes in your cabinets and fridge already!
What to Keep on Hand for Easy Appetizers
Keep your pantry stocked with a few things so you can always have a quick and easy appetizer ready to go. I love coming up with different ideas that don't require me to go to the store.
For example, we always have an unopened box of crackers in our cabinet. They are so light and easy to add your own toppings to create a delicious snack.
Here are some of my go-to shortcut appetizer recipes — that are so easy, they don't even really count as recipes!
- Charcuterie plate: Crackers or crostini, jam, honey, cheese slices and cured meats like pepperoni
- Olive oil dip: Warm bread (fresh or frozen that you can warm in the oven) and a plate of olive oil with a drizzle of Italian seasoning for dipping
- Chips & salsa: Tortilla chips and a jar of salsa or two
- Hummus & pita chips: Garbanzo beans, lemon juice, tahini and pita chips
- Flatbread pizzas: Pita bread with pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese and any toppings you have on hand
You can create a variety of these snack options using both sweet and savory flavors found in your kitchen.
Quick Cheese & Cracker Combos
Cheese and crackers are some of the easiest appetizers you can make. Unopened cheese can last a little while in the fridge, and you can keep an unopened box of crackers in your pantry.
Here are some great combos:
- pepperoni and cheddar cheese
- goat cheese and strawberries
- cream cheese and apple
- pepper jelly and cream cheese
- baked brie and apples
- pimento cheese and bacon bits
Each provides such a unique flavor and these light snacks are perfect for an appetizer or just for an afternoon chat with guests.
Easy Appetizer Recipes
What are your solutions for last-minute hosting?