When you need a timeless, any season kind of dessert that you can serve at parties or just because, this Nutella Oreo Mousse will hit the spot every time! Made with cream cheese, Nutella and whipped cream with Oreo crumbles on the bottom, this dish is decadent and simply delicious.
Do you have a go to dessert that you make when you're having friends over or you just feel like a fancy treat? This Nutella Oreo Mousse is mine. I can't remember where I got the original recipe that I tweaked, but I've been making this dessert for a few years now.
In fact, one time I visited my friend Hayley in North Carolina and she specifically requested that I make it for dessert.
Maybe it's good because Nutella.
Maybe it's because Oreos.
Maybe it's because it's no bake.
Maybe it's because it's super stinking easy.
Whichever reason you choose, this Nutella Oreo Mousse needs to make its way into your life and never leave.
Did I mention that it's easy to make? Because seriously, there are only a few easier desserts I can think of. Make a simple Oreo crust (aka butter and crushed Oreos), whip together cream cheese and Nutella, fold in whipped cream, and voila, you have Nutella Oreo Mousse and a very happy belly.
I love making this for a crowd because even though it's chocolate-ish and rich, you can serve it in adorable mini serving cups which makes everyone feel like they're being good, but their bellies will still be plenty happy with this yummy dessert.
Interestingly enough, when I remade this recipe for this blog post, I discovered a new way that I will be making it in the future. Even though the dessert is meant to be light and moussey, my old recipe actually didn't have enough Nutella flavor. So I added a bit more in!
Trust me when I say that you'll want to serve this in mini containers for friends, especially if you're serving it after a dinner or appetizer party.
Ready to learn how to make your own and have very happy bellies? Scroll down to find out!
For the Crust
- 12 oreos, crushed (or buy an oreo pie crust and smash up)
- 2-3 tablespoons melted butter
For the Filling
- ⅔ cup nutella
- 12 oz frozen whipped cream, thawed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup chocolate chips, chopped, for garnish (optional)
- Melt butter and mix with oreo crumbs, add more butter if not solid enough, add more crumbs if crust looks too wet
- Press into serving dish(es)
- Use a mixer to blend cream cheese and nutella together
- Add vanilla
- Fold in whipped cream to nutella mixture until well blended
- Spoon into dishes
- Cover and refrigerate 1.5-2 hours before eating
- Sprinkle chopped chocolate chips on mousse and enjoy!
Be sure to allow mousse to refrigerate before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0Total Fat: 0g