When you're attending a holiday party or a dinner party, it's always nice to bring something for the host — why not bring them one of the best hostess gifts? It's a lovely gesture to thank them for hosting. We've rounded up some of the best hostess gifts you can bring to the next gathering.
When you're hosting a small dinner party, housewarming party or a big backyard soirée, it's always so lovely when guests appreciate your efforts.
That's why, whenever you're attending, you should bring a gift for the host to say thank you. It shows them you are grateful to be invited, appreciate all the work they put into the event and you value their friendship.
It doesn't have to be a big gift: a bottle of wine, a Starbucks gift card or a few flowers from your garden would all suffice.
What Is A Hostess Gift?
Hostess gifts or host gifts are a gesture of kindness when someone invites you to their party. It shows the host of the event that you are grateful for their time and friendship.
A hostess gift could be a number of things:
- a bottle of wine or whiskey
- baked goods for the party to enjoy
- something for the home, like a candle
- a plant or vase of flowers.
Hostess gifts can be as budget-friendly as cut flowers from your garden, a gift card for a coffee or a handmade gift. They can also be a more elaborate gift basket filled with snacks or supplies.
Below is a collection of the best hostess gift ideas you can bring to a party, any time of year:
Gifts For The Home
Giving a gift for the home is a great housewarming present. Items that last longer than a meal will surely bring a smile to the host's face every time they see it or use it.
Here are some of my favorite things to give:
- A basket that can be used for organizing or canisters for pantry organization.
- Fresh flowers in a keepsake vase make a great statement; however, a green plant (like a pothos or snake plant) or herbs in a ceramic planter will outlast flowers.
- A candle with a seasonal scent.
Always go for neutral colors and classic shapes, especially if you don't know the host well. (And if you never spot the gift in their house again, don't be offended. It's the thought that counts!)
Gifts For The Kitchen
When you have a party, the kitchen is often the gathering place. Giving them a food-related gift that they can use again and again is welcome.
These are some of my favorite kitchen-related gifts to give:
- Kitchen towels are always a welcome addition to the kitchen. Can you ever have too many?
- A set of cheese knives or a cute serving spoon is always an excellent addition to appetizer tables.
- Cocktail picks are a smart idea for a cocktail party.
- Everyone will love a set of coasters to protect their surfaces from drinks!
All of these are great things to have, especially if the homeowner will need to prepare their home for guests sometime soon.
The best hostess gifts are often edible. From holiday cookies to jars of hot cocoa mix, here are our favorite gifts to make and share: