This post is sponsored by?Sprouts Farmers Market.?As always, all opinions are my own. Thanks?for supporting the brands that support A Joyfully Mad Kitchen!
Looking for an easy summer dinner routine? These beef taco lettuce wraps are light, full of flavor and so quick to make, so you can spend less time inside and more time enjoying the season!
With my husband Steven’s military background, there are just somethings that are very routine about our lives. One of those things is dinner. We enjoy eating dinner early and especially now with a little guy, it’s pretty regimented that we eat around 6 PM. A few summers ago though, I realized something weird was happening because of the weather change.
Instead of eating at 6, like normal, we were suddenly just starting to make dinner at 7 or 7:30. So when summer is rolling around, EASY and quick dinner recipes are essential for us. Otherwise we may just end up eating after dark 😉
When Sprouts Farmers Market, one of our favorite grocery stores, reached out and asked me to make an easy recipe that could be made in 15 minutes or less and made with ground beef, I knew a dinner recipe was the solution!
But in the summer, don’t we all like fresh, light recipes that don’t weigh us down? I know I’m most active during the summer months, which is why I love eating meals that fill me up, but don’t weigh me down. It’s also the reason I thought beyond a regular taco recipe and combined another favorite recipe of mine (these lettuce wraps) with tacos, another sweet love of mine.
Ground beef is something we love to keep on hand because it cooks quickly, has tons of flavor and there is just about a million things you can make with it. But these lettuce wraps are definitely a new favorite of ours! I was able to pick up everything we needed for this recipe from our local Sprouts Farmers Market. The ground beef came directly from the Sprouts’ meat counter. We love getting high quality ground beef from Sprouts because it’s always fresh, not frozen.Print
Beef taco lettuce wraps are the perfect summer dinner recipe! They?re so quick to make and full of flavor, so you can enjoy more of the season.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup of corn (canned or frozen)
- 1/2 tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup of black beans
- 2 tablespoons of taco seasoning
- Iceberg lettuce pieces
- Optional: shredded cheese
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 TBSP lemon juice
- 2 TBSP water
- 1/2 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- In a medium frying pan, cook ground beef until there is no pink (about 6-7 minutes).
- While the beef is cooking, use a food processor or immersion blender to combine ingredients for the avocado sauce. Mix until smooth.?
- If your meat isn?t extra lean, you may need to drain it when it is done cooking.?
- Once the beef is cooked, add in corn (if frozen, do not thaw first), tomato, black beans, and taco seasoning to pan and cook on low to medium heat for 2-3 minutes just for ingredients to warm up or corn to thaw.?
- Remove beef mixture from stove.?
- Place a scoop or two of the beef mixture into a piece of iceberg lettuce that is about 3-4 inches wide.?
- Top with a dollop of the avocado sauce and cheese, if desired. Enjoy!?
I really love the fresh corn and tomatoes in this recipe but I think what really puts these beef taco lettuce wraps over the top for me is the avocado sauce. I got the idea for this sauce when I made this salad that had a similar dressing. I didn’t have mayo so I subbed sour cream and the creamy goodness of a sauce that resulted was fantastic. It’s?almost like guacamole, but just a smoother, creamier version. I like my guacamole chunky, but this smooth creamy sauce makes these beef taco lettuce wraps the bomb dot com.
The next time you’re stumped on what to make for dinner, make these beef taco lettuce wraps! You’ll be glad you did.
What are your favorite easy summertime dinner recipes?