This post is sponsored by?Sprouts Farmers Market.?As always, all opinions are my own. Thanks?for supporting the brands that support A Joyfully Mad Kitchen!
Summer is the perfect time for ice cream! If you don't have an ice cream machine, have no fear, this no churn ice cream recipe requires only?four ingredients for a light and delicious summer treat. Celebrate National Ice Cream Day with this Strawberry Granola Parfait No Churn Ice Cream!
The first summer that we lived in Phoenix I made my first batch of no churn ice cream. I was so surprised at how easy it was to make and how creamy the ice cream was. I'm a pretty big ice cream fanatic so I was worried that I couldn't make ice cream near what you could buy in the store,?especially without an ice cream maker.
But when my husband/official taste tester tried this new blend, he responded that it tasted like it was store bought. Now usually if you were comparing store bought to homemade, this wouldn't be a good thing, but when talking about ice cream, I think it's a pretty good comparison.
This ice cream combination was inspired by one of my favorite snacks. When we moved to Phoenix, Sprouts Farmers Market was our closest grocery store. At the time I was far along in my pregnancy and snacking was a must for me. One of my favorite snacks was making my own yogurt parfait with greek yogurt, fruit, and granola from the bulk section at Sprouts.
They have a ton of selections for granola and it turns out granola is SO fun to add into ice cream, too! You get a nice crunchy bite and with the addition of Sprouts brand strawberry preserves, it reminds me so much of that favorite snack.
Strawberry ice cream has always been one of my favorites, especially when I'm in the mood for something light but sweet. I wanted to make something a bit different than a simple strawberry ice cream recipe and this variation worked out perfectly. I love the balance of flavors you get in each bite: a little of the ice cream base, the strawberry jelly, and the crunchy granola.
Scroll down to learn how to make your own no churn ice cream!
- 2 cups of whipping cream
- 1 can (16 oz) of Sprouts Brand sweetened condensed milk
- 1 jar of Sprouts Brand strawberry preserves
- 1 cup of Sprouts bulk granola (any flavor will work, I chose on that had larger bunches of granola and a simple vanilla flavor)
- Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, whip whipping cream on medium to high speed for 6-8 minutes (or more if needed) until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in sweetened condensed milk until mixed in completely.
- Pour into a bread pan and freeze for 90 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and mix in about ¾ cup granola and ¾ of the jar of strawberry preserves. If the preserves are not liquid enough to mix in, microwave them for about 10 seconds in a microwave safe dish. Then mix into ice cream base.
- Freeze for at least 3 hours, overnight preferred.
- Remove from freezer and spread the remaining granola and preserves on top and freeze for an additional 15 minutes before serving.
If you're looking for a way to celebrate National Ice Cream Day, this Strawberry Granola Parfait No Churn Ice Cream is?the perfect way to celebrate!