Pancakes made from scratch are the perfect morning breakfast. These blueberry cream soda pancakes are creamy, fluffy and sugar free! Switch up your usual breakfast routine of regular pancakes and make these creamy blueberry ones instead. A simple homemade pancake recipe plus cream soda and blueberries is all you need for a special breakfast treat.
Blueberry Cream Soda Pancakes recipe
Pancakes are an essential part of any breakfast spread, if you ask me.
A few years back I realized I had never tried to make pancakes from scratch. Now, whenever I decide to make something from scratch, there is usually one of two reasons behind it.
The first is the general desire to see how complicated it is.
The second is the cost factor. Making recipes like pancakes from scratch is almost always going to be more cost-effective than buying a pre-made mix.
Why you'll love this recipe
Unless I'm having a weekend away at a cabin or something, I'm making pancakes from scratch forever and ever, amen. Here's why:
- From-scratch recipes taste so much better! You'll love these homemade pancakes.
- They are SO fluffy and airy every time.
- Once you've got the process down, you're set for life with easy pancakes that are to die for.
Pancakes made with soda
I wanted to figure out a way to up my pancake game in some way.
Now usually I think people would think to make pancakes fancy you have to add some crazy stuff to them, usually something incredibly sugary.
I had heard of 7-Up pancakes which are made with lemon-lime soda instead of baking soda, so I wanted to try this method.
But instead of sugary soda, I wanted to use some sort of zero-calorie soda plus fruit to make some out-of-this-world pancakes.
Cream soda has never been a soda I've had a lot of, but I know a lot of people who love it and it sounded like it would have the perfect texture and taste to add to pancakes that are already light, creamy and airy.
Easy blueberry pancakes
Blueberries were just a natural pick because we always have at least two pints of them at the ready.
If you enjoy the taste of cream soda or are just looking for a fun addition to your Saturday morning breakfast routine, these Blueberry Cream Soda Pancakes are the answer you're looking for.
I chose Zevia cream soda, because it is made with stevia, so there is zero added sugar in the soda and there is also none added to these pancakes.
I made a homemade blueberry whipped cream to put on top of these pancakes but you could also eat them plain or with your favorite pancake topping!
Maple syrup and honey are classics. And don't forget to save a few fresh blueberries to go with them!
More pancake recipes
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Oat Pancakes
- Sweet Potato Pancakes with Whipped Maple Butter
- Old-Fashioned Pancakes
More blueberry recipes
If you make and love this recipe, please leave a ★★★★★ review below! It means so much to me when you try my recipes, and I'd love to know how it goes. Please leave a comment below if you have any questions.
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 3 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 ¼ cup zero-calorie Cream Soda
- 1 egg
- ½ cup blueberries
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- whipped cream
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add in melted butter, egg, and cream soda and whisk until combined. Let batter rest for 5 minutes.
- Preheat an electric skillet over medium-high heat. Add butter to skillet and let melt.
- Use a ¼ cup measuring spoon to pour batter onto skillet. Add a small handful of blueberries to the top of the pancake. Let pancake cook for 3 minutes, until small bubbles start showing in batter.
- Flip and cook until completely golden, another 2-3 minutes.
- Add more butter to skillet if necessary before adding more batter.
- After pancakes cook on skillet, lay flat on a baking sheet. Stacking them will flatten them out.
- Serve with blueberry whipped cream (see note) or your favorite pancake toppings!
To make blueberry whipped cream, crush 10 blueberries with a spoon or fork. Fold juice from the fresh blueberries into the whipped cream for some extra blueberry flavor.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 2 pancakes
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 261Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 485mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 4g