If you're in need of a quick, week night dinner without sacrificing flavor, this prosciutto pesto feta pasta is the perfect dish. This no boil, no drain, one pot pasta dish is perfect for busy nights, those who are learning to cook, or to satisfy an Italian craving!
Pasta has always been one of my favorite quick dinners to make. I like to keep a few boxes of pasta lying around for those nights that go unplanned when I need dinner on demand without a lot of fuss. Using a box of Barilla Pronto Pasta and a jar of Barilla pesto sauce, I have the base for a delicious meal.
Prosciutto Pesto Feta Pasta
Living in a house full of people with different schedules makes dinner time a bit difficult. Every week we have our small groups that we have to leave for only thirty minutes after Steven gets home from work. This makes making a home cooked meal before we have to leave a little bit difficult. Usually, we just end up grabbing something along the way. But this prosciutto pesto feta pasta dish is so easy to make that I'm able to squeeze it into our hectic night and give us a quick home cooked meal.
This no boil, no drain type of pasta makes it so easy to have a true one pot meal that doesn't sacrifice on flavor. I used rotini, but you could use any variation of Barilla Pronto Pasta! Adding in some crispy proscuitto and feta elevates the flavors of this dish and compliments the pesto so well. You can even top it with fresh shaved parmesan for more cheesy goodness!
A note about pesto. It's one of my favorite pasta sauces because it is so light and doesn't leave me feeling weighed down by sauce. But, pesto isn't meant to be a heavy sauce on your pasta and you only need enough to lightly see it on the noodles. You can always add more, but pesto traditionally is meant to be a light coat of sauce because it is so flavorful.
If you need a quick dinner idea, this prosciutto pesto feta pasta is the perfect way to start!
Prosciutto Pesto Feta Pasta
- 1 box Barilla Pronto Pasta (Rotini or another variety)
- 3 heaping tablespoons of Barilla pesto sauce
- ½ cup of chopped prosciutto
- ½ cup feta
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, cut into ribbons
- Shaved parmesan, garnish
- Chop prosciutto into bite sized pieces
- Using the pot or skillet you will use for the pasta, add a tablespoon of olive oil.
- When oil is heated, add prosciutto and cook for 2-3 minutes until prosciutto starts to crisp
- Set prosciutto aside
- Add pasta to pan and 3 cups water (enough to cover pasta)
- Turn burner to high and set a timer for 10 minutes.
- Stir pasta occasionally.
- Once water has evaporated, add heaping tablespoons of pesto
- Toss in prosciutto, feta and basil ribbons
- Top with fresh shaved parmesan
- Serve immediately
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0Total Fat: 0g
Leave a Reply