This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #KreateMyHappy #CollectiveBias
If you’ve been around this blog for a little while, you may have already realized how much I love dessert. I always love planning a dessert?around a specific idea or ingredient, and one of our favorite date nights is going out for fondue. It’s a fun excuse to dress up and get out of the house, but sometimes I feel like a date night in. So we decided to try our hand at making a date out of a fondue night at home! It’s actually so easy to create the experience at your house and the best part is you can have as many extra dippers as you’d like.
The most fun part about doing your own fondue night is you can add your favorite ingredients into your fondue mix. For ours, we decided to add two of our favorites, peanut butter and?JET-PUFFED Mini Marshmallows, to our melted chocolate mix. Then the next best part is to add in your favorite dippers.
Our favorites when we have fondue at restaurants is always the fruit, strawberries and bananas, and marshmallows. But being at home, we were able to add in another favorite of ours, Rice Krispies treats!
At home date nights are so awesome, because hey, what’s better than a date night in your PJs? After a long week, a quiet night at home with delicious dessert is the perfect way to finish off the week. It’s such an easy impromptu date night too, because any kind of chocolate you have at your house will work!Print
- 1 bar of milk chocolate baking chocolate
- 1 heaping teaspoon of peanut butter
- 1/4 cup of JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- Dippers including Rice Krispie treats!
- Prep any dippers you will want
- Using a fondue maker, place pieces of baking chocolate into fondue maker.
- (If you are not using a fondue maker, you can melt two tablespoons of butter in a small sauce pan on low heat and then add in chocolate)
- After chocolate is mostly melted, turn fondue maker to warm and add a scoop of peanut butter and the marshmallows
- Stir until peanut butter and marshmallows have melted into chocolate
- Serve warm with delicious dippers like fruit, marshmallows and Rice Krispies.
There are a few different ways to make fondue at home. You can use a fondue maker put on melt or low settings to melt the chocolate or use a small sauce pan to melt butter and chocolate on the stove. For a super quick fondue, melt chocolate in a microwavable bowl! If you’re adding in other ingredients, make sure not to overcook the chocolate or it will turn chalky and burnt.
It’s easy to find all of the ingredients that you’ll need for this fondue night at your local grocery store. If you haven’t bought Rice Krispies lately, they’re usually in the cereal aisle near the granola bars! I found mine at our Harris Teeter.
Kellogs is having a fabulous contest where you can share your favorite?Kellogg?s? Rice Krispies Treats? recipe on their website! There are tons of prizes to win!
I love creating our favorite date nights, like fondue nights. If you have a favorite date night or meal you like to order out, try to remake that evening for a relaxed at home night.