If you've been around this blog for a little while, you may have already realized how much I love dessert. I always love planning a dessert around a specific idea or ingredient, and one of our favorite date nights is going out for fondue.
It's a fun excuse to dress up and get out of the house, but sometimes I feel like a date night in. So we decided to try our hand at making a date out of a fondue night at home! It's actually so easy to create the experience at your house and the best part is you can have as many extra dippers as you'd like.
The most fun part about doing your own fondue night is you can add your favorite ingredients to your fondue mix.
For example, try peanut butter chips or dark chocolate added to your chocolate chips for a fun variation.
Our favorites when we have fondue at restaurants are always the fruit; strawberries and bananas, and marshmallows.
At-home date nights are so awesome, because hey, what's better than a date night in your PJs? After a long week, a quiet night at home with delicious dessert is the perfect way to finish off the week. It's such an easy impromptu date night because any kind of chocolate you have at your house will work!
There are a few different ways to make fondue at home. You can use a fondue maker put on melt or low settings to melt the chocolate or use a small saucepan to melt butter and chocolate on the stove.
For a super quick fondue, melt chocolate in a microwavable bowl! If you're adding in other ingredients, make sure not to overcook the chocolate or it will turn chalky and burnt.
I love creating our favorite date nights, like fondue nights. If you have a favorite date night or meal you like to order out, try to remake that evening for a relaxed at-home night.
What are your favorite at-home date nights?
At Home Fondue Night
Elevate your date night by preparing this simple at-home fondue for you and your loved one. Get creative with the chocolate and add your favorite kind to give it a personal touch.
- 1 bar (4 ounces) of milk chocolate baking chocolate
- 1 heaping teaspoon of peanut butter
- ¼ cup of mini marshmallows
- Prep any dippers you will want
- Using a fondue maker, place pieces of baking chocolate into fondue maker.
- (If you are not using a fondue maker, you can melt two tablespoons of butter in a small sauce pan on low heat and then add in chocolate)
- After chocolate is mostly melted, turn fondue maker to warm and add a scoop of peanut butter and the marshmallows
- Stir until peanut butter and marshmallows have melted into chocolate
- Serve with dippers such as fresh strawberries, apple slices, whole marshmallows, rice krispie treats, and brownies
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: ⅓ cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 81Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 13mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 1g
Leave a Reply