[disclosure] Welcome to the latest series on the blog! I’m super excited to bring this new series on the blog. I’m hoping it gives insight into the behind the scenes of the blog and my life. Many of you may know that I used to have a lifestyle blog and over the course of a few years I stopped posting less and less lifestyle content and posted more recipes and food content. I absolutely love food blogging but often miss getting to connect with my readers, which seems to be a lot easier to do through more lifestyle content.
So inspired by a few of my other food blogger friends (The Speckled Palate and her monthly Potluck and Cake ‘n Knife with her weekly Wednesday Slice), here we go! On Around the Table, you’ll find products I’m loving lately, family updates and/or stories (aka adorable pictures of my kiddo), hospitality stories about the times we host guests in our home, what we’re eating lately, and more. I’d love to hear what YOU want to hear in this series, so please feel free to comment or reach out on Instagram!
1. These maternity jeans. I was pregnant with my first, Greyson, during the summer in Arizona so I had zero need for jeans. With this pregnancy though, I’ll be pregnant through February so a few good pairs of maternity jeans are definitely necessary. I tried on a few pairs at Target and have fallen in love. Specifically, I’m obsessed with their new crossover panel that is lower in the back and a full panel in the front. It’s SO much more comfortable than my other maternity bottoms with a full panel.
2. The pumpkin patch: Greyson’s SECOND birthday was this past weekend and we traveled up north to go to a pumpkin patch. We spent the day doing all the fall things and eating pizza from Mellow Mushroom on the way home (my personal favorite moment of the day).
3. Fall weather: Now that the weather is finally consistently under 100 degrees, we’re spending more and more time outside. We’ve been going to the zoo a few times a week, sitting on the porch while Greyson .
4. Cooking Classes: Lately I am really loving attending cooking classes at Sur la Table. It’s such a great way for me to learn new recipes, get some “me” time and enjoy yummy food. My next class is in a few weeks and it’s called A Modern Thanksgiving. I cannot WAIT to eat and cook all the things.
5. Halloween: I’m so not into Halloween BUT I worked on a project for Life Storage making these fun cardboard box costumes. I really hoped Greyson would be into wearing the fire truck one but he was not feeling it. Maybe by next week he will be? We aren’t going trick-or-treating (because he doesn’t eat candy and we don’t need his candy!) but we’ll be doing our yearly tradition of serving apple cider to the parents walking around with their kiddos while handing out candy. Sharing our apple cider recipe soon!
6. These Pumpkin Snickerdoodles: I’m definitely making a few more batches of these cookies before the acceptable pumpkin season is over (is it ever really over though?). But I’m also starting to work on developing a ginger snickerdoodle recipe for the holidays. I CANNOT WAIT. Assuming I can figure it out 😉
7. Le Creuset Dutch Oven: I have been pining over one of these for years and finally got my mom wasn’t using. I haven’t used it yet, but can’t wait to. Any recipe suggestions?!
Tell me what you’re loving and up to lately!