Whipped cream fruit salad is the perfect holiday side dish or dessert! It’s made with fresh fruit like grapes, bananas and apples and homemade whipped cream, sweetened with a bit of honey, so this dish is perfect for the whole family. Serve with your turkey holiday dinners or as a part of your regular weeknight dinner menu.
- 3 apples, cores removed and chopped into chunks
- 2 bananas, sliced into 1 inch thick pieces
- 1 cup of grapes, sliced horizontally
- 1/2 cup of pitted dates, diced (optional)
Homemade Honey Sweetened Whipped Cream
- 1 cup of whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Peel and chop fruit and dates and set aside in a large mixing bowl (NOT your serving bowl)
- In a stand mixer or using a hand mixer, whip whipping cream on high speed until peaks begin to form.
- Once cream is whipped, add in honey and mix for another minute. Taste test and add more honey if you prefer it to be sweeter.
- Add whipped cream to your fruit and stir to coat fruit.
- Then transfer to serving bowl. Refrigerate if not serving right away.
You can substitute Cool Whip for homemade whipped cream if desired.
You can substitute maple syrup or sugar for honey in this recipe if desired.
Homemade Whipped Cream can be made ahead of time, but may separate a bit. It’s helpful to re-whip right before tossing over your fruit salad (even if just with a hand whisk or fork).
This salad tastes even better the next day!
Nutrition information is for homemade whipped cream.