This Vanilla Tequila Bread Pudding is the perfect easy dessert to serve to a crowd or just for two! This boozy bread pudding has the perfect blend of spices and is topped with a scoop of ice cream and a splash of vanilla tequila.
- 2 cups of stale bread, cubed (if using fresh bread, toast in the oven for 5 minutes first)
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 vanilla tequila + 1 tablespoon per dish
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Cut bread into inch cubes. Toast in oven for 5 minutes if using fresh bread.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, and spices.
- In a large measuring glass or small bowl, whisk together milk, heavy cream and vanilla tequila.
- Slowly pour in milk mixture and whisk into egg mixture until combined.
- Place bread cubes in oven safe baking dishes like wide mouth pint mason jars or ramekins, filling container no more than half full.
- Pour milk mixture over bread cubes until the bread is covered. Be sure the liquid/bread doesn’t get closer to the top than 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, until liquid has solidified.
- Let cool for 10 minutes. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a tablespoon of vanilla tequila poured over the whole dish.
Replace tequila with heavy cream for a non-alcoholic version.