These Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies have a special ingredient that makes these the BEST chocolate chip cookies ever! Adding vanilla pudding mix to the batter for these cookies gives these cookies a chewy center and crisp edges.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 pacakge of vanilla instant pudding mix (3.4 oz box)
- Cream together 1 cup softened butter, 3/4 cup brown sugar and 3/4 sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract using a stand mixer or hand mixer. Add in two eggs, one at a time. Add 2 1/4 cups flour (gradually, if you prefer), 1 teaspoon baking soda and 1 teaspoon salt, until just combined. Then gently stir in 2 cups chocolate chips and 1 package of dry vanilla instant pudding mix.
- Use a cookie scoop (or two spoons) to drop 1 tablespoon sized cookie dough balls onto cookie sheets (lined with parchment paper if not non-stick). Bake chocolate chip cookies for 10-11 minutes until edges are golden brown but centers are still soft. They will continue cooking as they cool on the baking sheet and wire cooling rack.
- Repeat scooping and baking process for remaining cookies or freeze cookie dough for later (see below for instructions on how to freeze cookie dough).
- Cool your gooey chocolate chip cookies on the baking sheet for 3 minutes then transfer them to a wire cooling rack to continue cooling completely.
- Store your chocolate chip cookies in an airtight container or ziptop bag.
The 1/4″ outer edge of the cookies should be golden brown but the rest of the cookie should still be soft. They will firm up just a bit on the cookie sheet and cooling rack.
To freeze cookie dough, use a cookie scoop to form cookie dough balls on a cookie sheet. Place in freeze for 15 minutes. Remove frozen cookie dough balls from cookie sheet and place in zip top bag. Then place plastic bag in freezer until you need the cookie dough again.
To bake frozen cookie dough, bake from frozen dough?at 350? for around 10 minutes, until edges are crispy and centers are still a bit soft. Let cool on pan for 3 minutes, then?move to?wire cooling rack?to cool completely.