If you’ve ever had a craving for scones, these are so easy to make at home! These strawberry orange scones have a light vanilla glaze on them that makes them perfectly sweet.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, cut into chunks
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- Zest from one medium orange
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons Simply Pure Vanilla creamer
- Juice from one medium orange
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 Simply Pure Vanilla creamer
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl stir together flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, baking powder, salt and orange zest.
- Using a pastry blender or two knives, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Gently toss in fresh strawberries.
- Make a well in center of flour mixture; set aside.
- In a medium bowl stir together eggs and the creamer.
- Add egg mixture to flour mixture all at once.
- Gently stir just until moistened.
- Turn dough out onto a generously floured surface.
- Knead dough by folding and gently pressing it 5 to 7 times, turning dough a quarter turn after each fold. Transfer to a lightly floured parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Pat or lightly roll dough into a 3/4-inch-thick circle. Cut circle into wedges and pull apart slightly. (You can also form the scones with your hands)
- Brush wedges with additional creamer.
- Bake about 16 minutes or until golden.
- While scones are cooling, prepare icing. Mix together orange juice and creamer. Then gradually add powdered sugar until consistency is slightly thick but still can be poured over scones.
- Once scones have cooled slightly, pour icing over.