Quick breakfasts are a must! This triple berry stovetop porridge is the perfect breakfast to make in the morning or prep ahead for the week! Your whole family will enjoy this hot breakfast that is refined sugar free, dairy free, yet creamy and delicious. Made with Hayden Mills Farmer’s Porridge, almond milk, frozen mixed berries and a splash of pure maple syrup, this stovetop porridge will start your day off right!
- 1/2 cup?Hayden Mills Farmer’s Porridge (Farro & Wheat Bran)
- 2 cups almond milk (whole milk or another dairy substitute is fine as well)
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup, optional
- 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries, thawed
- In a medium sauce pan on low heat, toast Hayden Mills Farmer’s Porridge (Farro & Wheat Bran), stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Pour in almond milk and bring to a boil, stirring frequently so the porridge doesn’t burn or clump together.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes, until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Pour in 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup (optional), stir, and remove from heat.
- Thaw 1/2 cup of frozen mixed berries in a microwave for 30 seconds.
- Stir in thawed berries into porridge.
- Top with a splash of almond milk (or your milk preference) and stir in.
- Serve immediately or store in an air tight container or mason jar for up to a week.