This?Tomato Bacon Goat Cheese Puff Pastry Appetizer?is the perfect pre-dinner snack when you’re hosting friends and family! It’s so quick to throw together and enjoy while dinner finishes cooking. A simple frozen puff pastry topped with ?crispy bacon pieces, dollops of goat cheese and sliced grape tomatoes makes a quick appetizer that everyone will enjoy!
- 1/2 puff pastry sheet, thawed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon of [amazon_textlink asin='B01J8JH2XQ' text='Mrs. Dash No Salt Italian Spices' template='ProductLink' store='joyfullymadwp-20' marketplace='US' link_id='de9c72b1-6e3b-11e7-ab5f-092fcfba5252']
- 3 strips cooked bacon, chopped into pieces
- 6–8 grape tomatoes, sliced in half vertically
- 1/4 cup garlic and herb goat cheese
- Remove puff pastry from freezer ahead of time to thaw – DO NOT thaw in microwave
- Unfold puff pastry sheet once thawed and cut in half with a pizza cutter or sharp knife
- Using the pizza cutter, score around the edges of the puff pastry, about 1/4 inch from the edge.
- In a small bowl, mix together olive oil, honey, salt, pepper and[amazon_textlink asin='B01J8JH2XQ' text='Mrs. Dash No Salt Italian Spices' template='ProductLink' store='joyfullymadwp-20' marketplace='US' link_id='de9c72b1-6e3b-11e7-ab5f-092fcfba5252']. Brush mixture onto puff pastry, inside the scored edges.
- Arrange small spoonfuls of goat cheese, bacon crumbles and tomatoes around the center of the puff pastry.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until puff pastry is golden brown.
- Cut into individual pieces and serve immediately!
- You can use cherry tomatoes instead of grape tomatoes, if preferred. Grape tomatoes are the oblong ones, cherry tomatoes are smaller and round.
- Save the second half of the puff pastry for a breakfast puff pastry the next morning or this easy dessert one!
- Regular goat cheese is fine for this recipe too, but I prefer the garlic and herb goat cheese for a more complex flavor.