- 1 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 c sugar
- 1/2 t baking powder
- 1/4 t baking soda
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 t vanilla extract
- 3 large strawberries, room temp
- 1 stick butter, room temp
- 1/2 t pure vanilla extract
- 3–4 c powdered sugar
- 1 T heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a stand mixer, cream butter and sugar together. Add egg, sour cream, and vanilla.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, baking powder).
- Alternate between adding dry ingredients to wet ingredients in stand mixer and whisking in milk slowly.
- Whisk until batter is smooth, do not over mix.
- Pour batter into lined muffin tin, filling cupcake liners about halfway full.
- Bake for 18-21 minutes until cupcake centers bounce back to the touch.
- Allow cupcakes to cool on baking rack.
- Meanwhile, make the butter cream icing.
For the icing
- Using a food processor, puree three large strawberries.
- Add butter and vanilla to food processor.
- If food processor is big enough, add in powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time. Use bowl and hand mixer, if not.
- Once icing is beginning to thicken, add in 1 tablespoon of heavy whipping cream.
- Icing should be smooth but hold it’s shape.
- Pipe icing onto room-temperature cupcakes.