Spinach Turkey Orzo is a super easy meal that is packed with flavor for a perfect quick dinner option! This orzo dish has ground turkey, spinach, pine nuts, golden raisins and is topped with olive oil and shaved parmesan. The complexity of flavors in this dish is amazing, but you don’t have to spend a long time getting this dinner together!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground pepper
- 8 ounces orzo (about 1/2 a box)
- 1 cup pine nuts
- 1 1/2 cups loosely packed spinach, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasonings
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 cup shaved parmesan cheese
- In a medium skillet, season ground turkey with salt and pepper, then brown the meat. Remove turkey from pan and set aside once cooked.
- Meanwhile, add about 2 cups of water to medium pot and bring to a boil. Once boiling, add orzo
- In the pan used for the turkey, toast pine nuts on medium-low heat, tossing occasionally with a wooden spoon, until pine nuts are light golden brown.
- Return turkey to pan with pine nuts and add spinach and raisins. Cover and set to low heat. This allows the spinach to wilt slightly and the raisins to get a bit of moisture.
- Drain orzo once cooked. If it will fit, add to pan with turkey and toss with olive oil and spices. This will help wilt the spinach as well. If not, toss everything in a large bowl.
- Add shaved parmesan cheese on top right before serving.