Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas are the perfect weeknight dinner that will gather your family around the table. These enchiladas are made with flour tortillas, instead of traditionally used corn tortillas, and are stuffed with shredded chicken mixed with cream of chicken soup, sour cream, and cheese. The whole dish is topped with cheese and spicy green chile sauce! It’s packed with flavor and the perfect dish for your family!
- 2 chicken breasts, slow cooked and shredded
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 10.5 ounce can cream of chicken soup
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese, divided
- 1 1/2 cups of green chile sauce or diced green chile (add more for spicier enchiladas)
- 10 small flour tortillas
- Cooking spray
- In a crock pot, line or spray crock pot then add the two chicken breasts. Cover chicken breasts with water (or I love to use this salsa verde chicken recipe in these enchiladas). Cook chicken for at least 4 hours on low.
- Preheat oven to 350?, spray a 9×13 pan.
- Mix together sour cream, cream of chicken soup, 1/2 cup cheese and 1/2 cup green chile in a large mixing bowl.
- Add chicken, toss to coat.
- Spray both sides of tortilla with cooking spray and microwave the tortillas for 15-20 seconds. This keeps them soft while baking!
- Spoon chicken mixture down the center of the tortilla (you’ll want your mixture to be about two inches wide to leave a little space at the top and bottom of each tortilla), roll tortilla (like a burrito) and place into pan. Continue with remaining tortillas.
- Top enchiladas with remaining cheese and green chiles.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Pro tip:?Make your chicken the day before (or overnight) to save time and make the dinner process easier!