Looking for a quick and easy appetizer for the Big Game? These ricotta stuffed sausage meatballs are so easy to make. Your football?friends will go wild for these quick baked ricotta stuffed sausage meatballs at your Big Game party!
- 1 lb ground Italian sausage (sweet, mild or hot depending on your preference)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sticky white rice (cooked)
- 1 teaspoon of ricotta per meatball (about 4 ounces total)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place an oven safe metal wire baking/cooling rack on top of a cookie sheet. Spray with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Combine sausage, egg, bread crumbs and rice in a bowl.
- Form meatballs by hand, about a teaspoon of mixture at a time.
- Use your thumb to put a small dent in the meatball.
- Fill the dent with ricotta and add more meat mixture on top to make a meatball again.
- Place on oven safe wire rack.
- Repeat with remaining mixture to make about 12 meatballs.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until sausage is fully cooked when you cut into the meatball.
Form meatballs with about a teaspoon of mixture at a time.