If you’ve ever struggled with what’s for lunch, here’s your solution. A quick, no rise recipe for?thin crust pizza topped with peppery?arugula, prosciutto and ricotta for a sweet and salty combination you can’t get enough of.?
- 1/2 teaspoon yeast
- 1/2 cup lukewarm water
- 1 1/2 all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2–3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup arugula
- 2–3 ounces (1 package) prosciutto
- 1/2 cup part skim ricotta cheese
For the dough
- Oil a pizza pan by pouring a little olive oil on the pan and spreading it around with a paper towel or basting brush. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the water and yeast. Let the mixture rest for 10 minutes. It will begin to bubble slightly.
- Gather your toppings while this is happening.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- After 10 minutes, add the flour and salt to the water and yeast mixture. Use a spoon to mix it. As the dough begins to come together and solidify, use your hands to finish molding the dough. Add extra flour, one tablespoon at a time, if the dough is too sticky to work with.
- Knead dough for a few minutes on a lightly floured surface. Form into a ball.
- Let the dough sit for 5 minutes.
- Use a rolling pin to roll out the dough as thin as you can (about 1/4″ inch thick)
- Very carefully pick up your dough and transfer it to the pizza pan. (Be sure that your pizza pan is sitting close by!)
- Using a spoon or basting brush, add olive oil to crust. Then sprinkle with minced garlic.
- Bake pizza in preheated oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove and add the rest of your toppings (prosciutto, ricotta cheese, topped with arugula).
- Continue baking for another 10-15 minutes. Keep a close eye on it. When the crust is golden, the pizza is done!
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before slicing into the pizza and enjoying!
Using a basting brush makes applying olive oil much easier.