Make this Easy Taco Soup for a quick, healthy dinner for the whole family. This soup can be prepped in under 10 minutes. It’s made with beef, onion, corn, tomatoes, and beans and is the perfect quick lunch or easy dinner! Top this soup with cheese, avocado or jalapeños.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 can black beans, drained
- shredded cheese, garnish, optional
- avocado, garnish, optional
- chopped cilantro, garnish, optional
- Cook ground beef and onion in a stock pot until browned. Drain grease if needed.
- Add in spice mixture (1 teaspoon cumin, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, 1 pinch cayenne pepper)
- Add in two cans diced tomatoes, a can of corn (liquid drained) and a can of black beans (liquid drained).
- Top with 3 cups of water.
- Cook on low to medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Ladle into individual soup bowls and garnish as desired.
To make this soup spicy:
- Add 1/2 teaspoon extra of chili powder and cayenne pepper
- Add a diced jalapeño (with seeds) into soup while cooking or garnish with diced jalapeño
- Add a spoonful of your favorite spicy salsa to soup.
To freeze soup, let cool completely, then pour into a ziplock bag and freeze flat. You can also freeze in a glass freezer container (the soup will stain plastic tupperware).