These delicious muffins are quick to make, sugar free and healthy for the whole family! No Sugar Added Strawberry Muffins are sweetened with dates and a splash of maple syrup, but their true sweetness comes from the fresh strawberries! These blender muffins are the perfect before school treat or afternoon snack.
- 1/2 cup water, boiling
- 1 cup dried dates chopped
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup of bread flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups of strawberries, hulled and diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour water into a sauce pan and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Place chopped dates into a blender. Then pour hot water on top of the dates. Blend until dates are pureed.
- Add remaining ingredients (except strawberries) to blender, starting with the dry ingredients.
- Blend until ingredients are mixed and oats are ground.
- Gently fold in strawberries with a silicone spatula.
- Pour directly into a greased muffin pan, about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the center of the muffins bounce back when poked.
- Allow to cool for two minutes in muffin tin before moving to a wire cooling rack.
You can substitute all purpose flour for the bread flour if you don’t have any available. Bread flour just makes the muffins a tad bit fluffier!
For donuts, use a donut pan and bake for 12-15 minutes or until donuts spring back when gently touched.