This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #IDSimplyPure #CollectiveBias
There's truly something special about spending time with others in your same stage of life. Ever since having Grey, I've cherished the time spent with the friends I made in our birth class, who also have little ones around Greyson's age. This New Mothers Spring Brunch Party Inspiration is the perfect way to get together friends in your same life stage, to celebrate new moms you know, or just to celebrate spring!
The key to any good party, in my opinion, is food. Breakfast and brunch happen to be my favorite meals of the day, so naturally that's exactly what we did for this little get together. I invited over a couple of new mama friends to celebrate our friendships and springtime!
Spring Brunch Party Inspiration
I wanted to keep the decor light and airy with a touch of femininity. The overall color scheme I chose was gold and pink. We used some of my moms nice china dishes that gave the entire brunch an elegant feel.
A brunch is not complete without food. Since we were all new moms, I didn't want to include any foods that were extremely unhealthy. Even with breastfeeding, I know new moms can be a bit conscious of their weight so I wanted everyone to be able to enjoy the food without it feeling like they were eating horribly. On our menu we had:
-Fresh Fruit Salad with Orange Juice?
-Tomato and Spinach Quiche
-Monte Cristo Sandwich Bites
-Roasted Bacon Breakfast Potatoes
-Strawberry & Orange Vanilla Glaze Scones (recipe below)
-Hot coffee with creamer options
I've made these scones a handful of times but this time decided to elevate them just a bit. I typically make them with strawberries only but I had some Cara Cara oranges that had been calling my name for a while. Another one of my favorite scones is blueberry and lemon, which inspired this berry and citrus scone combination.
Scones are one of those recipes everyone seems to think is difficult to make. It's really no though, I promise! I remember so clearly the first time I made scones and how easy they ended up being. These scones are perfect for a brunch because they're almost a dessert but you don't have to feel guilty eating them.
They're made with one of my new favorite coffee creamers, International Delight Simply Pure Coffee Creamer. I've always enjoyed creamer in my coffee but decided to substitute my normal heavy cream in this recipe for the Vanilla Simply Pure creamer. It added just enough vanilla flavor without adding a bunch of unnecessary additives, since this creamer has five simple ingredients.
These scones were definitely the hit of this spring brunch party and would be at your spring party, too!
Vanilla Glazed Strawberry Orange Scones
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, cut into chunks
- ¾ cup chopped fresh strawberries
- Zest from one medium orange
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Juice from one medium orange
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl stir together flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, baking powder, salt and orange zest.
- Using a pastry blender or two knives, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Gently toss in fresh strawberries.
- Make a well in center of flour mixture; set aside.
- In a medium bowl stir together eggs and the creamer.
- Add egg mixture to flour mixture all at once.
- Gently stir just until moistened.
- Turn dough out onto a generously floured surface.
- Knead dough by folding and gently pressing it 5 to 7 times, turning dough a quarter turn after each fold. Transfer to a lightly floured parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Pat or lightly roll dough into a ¾-inch-thick circle. Cut circle into wedges and pull apart slightly. (You can also form the scones with your hands)
- Brush wedges with additional creamer.
- Bake about 16 minutes or until golden.
- While scones are cooling, prepare icing. Mix together orange juice and creamer. Then gradually add powdered sugar until consistency is slightly thick but still can be poured over scones.
- Once scones have cooled slightly, pour icing over.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0Total Fat: 0g
If you want to give your guests a little something as a thank you for coming you can get a little herb plant from your local Walmart to go with the theme of spring! You can also find the International Delight Simply Pure Creamer and the rest of the items you need for this spring brunch party!
Whether you're celebrating a new mom, a birthday, or just spring in general, keep the food and decor light, the style elegant and sophisticated, but let it be a relaxing brunch for everyone involved!
Leave a Reply