Pan seared lemon pepper chicken thighs are made in a skillet and make an easy weeknight dinner in under 30 minutes! Serve it with your favorite roasted veggies and you’ll have a meal your whole family will love!
Homemade Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon zest
Lemon Pepper Chicken Thighs
- 4 bone in, skin on chicken thighs (about 1.5 pounds)
- Homemade lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Trim any excess skin off of chicken thighs and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Mix together your homemade lemon pepper seasoning.
- Generously cover both sides of the chicken thighs with the lemon pepper seasoning.
- In a skillet, add olive oil to bottom of pan and heat until hot, but not smoking.
- Place the skin side of the chicken thigh down first. Sear that side for 3 minutes.
- Once you flip the chicken to the side without the skin on it, cover your skillet.
- Continue cooking chicken, covered, for about 10 minutes. Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature by sticking the probe of the thermometer into the meat, close to the bone. When the thermometer reads 165, your chicken is cooked.