Regardless of the time of year, this Italian Wedding Soup is a classic soup recipe that you can make right at home and enjoy. It’s packed with yummy vegetables like spinach, carrots, celery and onions plus the addition of small pasta and homemade chicken meatballs! This soup is one the entire family will enjoy.
Baked Chicken Meatballs (recipe here)
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs (store bought or?homemade)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup parmesan or Italian blend cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
Italian Wedding Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 cup peeled and diced carrots (about 3 carrots)
- 3/4 cup peeled and diced celery (about 2 stalks)
- ? cup dry white wine
- 10 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 cup small pasta like stars
- 12 ounces baby spinach, washed and ripped or cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine meatball ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Stir really well with wooden spoon or stir and chop tool to make sure the ground ?strings? of chicken are worked out.
- Form into golf ball sized meatballs and place on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until meat is thoroughly cooked, to 165 degrees internal temperature
- Add olive oil to stock pot and warm oil on low to medium heat.
- Peel and chop carrots and celery and set aside. Dice onion.
- Add onions, celery and carrots to pot and saut? with a?wooden spoon on medium heat until translucent.
- Add wine and chicken stock and bring to a boil for 10 minutes.
- Add star pasta to boiling broth cook for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add meatballs and let soup simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in spinach and stir until wilted.
- Serve with a ladle, adding a bit of cold water if necessary for right broth/soup ingredients ratio and to cool down soup to enjoy immediately!