Garlic brown butter green beans are the perfect vegetable staple for your home. These green beans go with so many entrees and they are so easy to make, whether it’s with fresh or frozen green beans. Even your kids will love this flavorful vegetables.
- 1/2 pound fresh French style green beans (sometimes found in stores as?hericot verts)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- About 1 teaspoon salt and pepper, depending on your preference
- In a stainless steel pot, bring 4 cups of water to a boil.
- Remove stems from green beans by cutting or pulling them off by hand.
- Add green beans to boiling water.
- Boil for about 10 minutes, then use a fork to test the tenderness of one of the largest green beans. If you prefer green beans to be less cooked, test a few minutes early or add a few minutes for more tender green beans.
- Strain green beans and set aside.
- In the same pan, melt 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter over medium-low heat.?As it’s melting use a silicone flexible spatula or wooden spoon to move the butter around the pan, scraping any pieces of butter that might’ve browned and crisped up at the bottom of your pan.
- Once the butter starts to darken, add your garlic in and stir frequently so that the garlic doesn’t burn.
- Once garlic is fragrant, about 3 minutes, add drained green beans back to pan and toss to cover beans with butter and garlic.
- Add salt and pepper and toss once more.
- Serve immediately!