- 1 box of Pillsbury Purely Simple White Cake Mix
- 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled and chopped into 1 inch chunks
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of nutmeg
Maple Cream Cheese Icing
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2–2 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Follow the instructions on the Pillsbury Purely Simple White Cake Mix box
- Add apples and spices and gently mix.
- Bake according to directions on package.
- Allow to cool and then frost with your favorite cream cheese icing
For the icing
- Using a hand mixer, beat cream cheese and butter together.
- Add 1/2 cup of confectioner’s sugar at a time until you reach desired consistency and sweetness.
- Add 2 tablespoons of maple syrup to frosting. Taste for sweetness and maple flavor. If you want more maple flavor, add 2 more tablespoons and combine with mixer.
- Frost cake immediately or place frosting in fridge until ready to frost.