This Baked Breakfast Egg Casserole is the perfect breakfast for large groups or to meal prep for the week ahead! It’s made with potatoes, peppers, eggs and milk and is so hearty! It has such simple ingredients but packs a ton of nutrition and taste into every serving. Make this ahead of time and have a hot breakfast ready to go all week or make this for a crowd- either way, you’re sure to love it!
- 8 eggs
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 cup milk (any milk of your choice is fine- whole, skim, 2%, etc.)
- 1 pepper, diced (I prefer to use red or orange for contrast but you can use any!)
- 1 cup cubed or diced ham
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 cups breakfast potato cubes (prepackaged or pre-cooked if using fresh)
- 1/2 cup green onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- Preheat oven to 350?.
- Combine ingredients (except cheese) in bowl.
- Pour into greased 9×13 pan (or 2 9×9 pans).
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Add shredded cheese to top and cook for another 15-20 minutes until eggs are fully cooked.
If I’m making this for a crowd that includes vegetarians I will split the mixture into two 9×9 pans and include the ham in one and skip it on the other.