Looking for a perfect fall appetizer? Cranberry Goat Cheese and Butternut Squash Toast is perfect for fall parties, pre-holiday dinner snacks, or just as an appetizer before dinner. This butternut squash toast assembly combines all of the perfect fall flavors, with sweetness from cranberries and butternut squash met with the tanginess and softness of goat cheese spread on a toasted baguette.
- 1 baguette, cut in 1/4″ slices and toasted
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, seeds removed and diced
- 6 oz goat cheese at room temperature
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon sage (dried or fresh roughly chopped)
- 1 tablespoon thyme (dried or fresh roughly chopped)
- Slice baguette and use a basting brush to spread olive oil on slices, toast at 350 degrees for 5 minutes or until golden on top
- Meanwhile, peel butternut squash and then slice in half vertically. Remove seeds and pulp.
- Add oil to stainless steel frying pan on medium high heat.
- Dice butternut squash and add to pan.
- Saut? until squash softens. Turn off heat.
- Add a dash of salt and pepper to taste.
- Add in cranberries and spices, toss to combine.
- After bread is toasted, spread room temperature/softened goat cheese on each slice.
- Top with squash mixture.