Breakfast should be simple, yet delicious and this recipe for Chocolate Strawberry Greek Yogurt Smoothie definitely covers both! If having chocolate for breakfast is wrong, I certainly don’t want to be right! This smoothie is packed with protein from greek yogurt and almond milk too, so this is a breakfast that will keep you full. Perfect for any morning breakfast and especially perfect for a festive treat on Valentine’s Day, an anniversary or birthday treat.
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup to 1 cup of ice, depending on how thick you prefer your smoothies
- 2/3 cup milk of choice (we use unsweetened almond milk)
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Blend all ingredients in a blender. Taste for sweetness, add more maple syrup if desired.
- If smoothie is too thin, you can add more yogurt or more ice. If smoothie is too thick, add more milk.