This chicken wild rice casserole is a classic, quick dinner option that the whole family can enjoy. This casserole is made with chicken, cream of celery and frozen veggies. It’s perfect for busy nights or making ahead of time! This recipe is a simple twist on a comforting casserole that the whole family will love.
- 1 can cream of celery soup (cream of chicken works also)
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup uncooked?wild rice medley (or long grain white rice)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen mixed veggies
- 2 tablespoons Shallot Pepper
- 3 chicken breasts, halved
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese, optional
- Preheat oven to 375?.
- Mix together cream of celery soup, water, garlic powder, rice and mixed veggies in a casserole dish.
- Cut chicken breasts in half, through the center to make them thinner.
- Season with shallot pepper.
- Place chicken on top of rice mixture.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until rice has absorbed liquid and is cooked through and chicken has an internal temperature of 165?.
- Top with cheese once removed from oven or during the last five minutes of baking time.
Substitute Italian seasoning or just salt and pepper if you don’t have?Shallot Pepper.
I like to brown my chicken in a skillet first before baking it, but this is a totally non-essential step. I just like the way seared chicken looks better.
Some rice takes longer to cook than others and may require adding more liquid. Refer to package instructions to see if the rice you’re using takes longer than 30 minutes to cook. If it does, I recommend adding a little extra water in the mixture to be sure the rice cooks thoroughly.
Nutrition information does not include shredded cheese.