Cast Iron Apple Skillet Cake is the perfect fall dessert! It’s quick and easy to make, needing only five ingredients, including a box of cake mix. This cake is baked in a cast iron skillet for an extra rustic touch and fun way to serve your dessert.
- 1 box of white cake mix
- 4 apples (Granny Smith or other variety), peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup of unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar, packed
- whipping cream for topping, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 (or temperature on the cake mix package).
- Prepare cake mix according to package instructions.
- Add in diced apples and cinnamon.
- Brush melted butter onto large cast iron skillet (7 inches) or two small cast iron skillets.
- Add brown sugar and spread evenly along bottom of pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes or the time listed on cake box.
You can also skip the butter and brown sugar lining and make these into cupcakes instead. Cooking time may vary.