This easy breakfast puff pastry can be made ahead of time for a full week of breakfast! Scrambled eggs, mushrooms, onions and goat cheese all topped on a delicious, flaky, puff pastry.
Puff pastry has always been a favorite of mine. There's just something that is so good about that buttery, flaky dough.
It's so fun to create recipes based around puff pastry. Which is exactly how this recipe came about! I actually don't eat eggs very often, but I spend a lot of time making them either for my husband or son, who both love them! I think they are such a fun ingredient though especially when you add a bit of milk to scramble them.
Watch the video for how to make this recipe!
Crumbled goat cheese, diced onions and mushrooms make this a full flavor breakfast. You could easily add some crumbled sausage or bacon on it too if you want some additional protein, but it's perfectly tasty without it.
This could make a fun appetizer recipe for a brunch party or just a casual breakfast on Saturday morning. No matter the occasion, this breakfast puff pastry is simply delicious. There are so many combinations possible for this breakfast puff pastry recipe.
Take your favorite breakfast toppings and layer them on top of the fluffy puff pastry for a simple, savory breakfast.
- 1 puff pastry sheet sheet
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ cup crumbled goat cheese
- ½ onion, diced
- ½ cup mushrooms, sliced
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Whisk together milk, eggs, salt and pepper (to taste)
- Scramble eggs on frying pan, scrambling into bite sizes pieces
- Take puff pastry dough and lay on parchment lined baking sheet
- Brush on olive oil
- Score around the edges of the pastry (about ¼" in from edge) with a pizza cutter or sharp knife
- Using a fork, poke holes along center portion of pastry dough
- Layer eggs, mushrooms, onions, and goat cheese on puff pastry
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown
Use parchment paper to line the baking sheet for best results.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0Total Fat: 0g
What is your favorite simple breakfast?