The easiest baked caprese dip can be made with just five simple ingredients. These cheesy, tomato dip comes out of the oven bubbling and ready to be spread on a toasted slice of bread! This easy appetizer is perfect for parties or just a pre-dinner snack!
- 2 cans of no salt added diced tomatoes, well drained
- 1/2 cup basil, cut into strips
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into sliced or diced
- 1/4 stick of unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in a microwave safe bowl.
- Once melted add in bread crumbs and stir.
- In an 8×8 oven proof baking dish, layer tomatoes, chopped basil, mozzarella and bread crumbs.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes, or until cheese and tomatoes are bubbling.
- Serve with 1/2 inch cut pieces of baguette, toasted, or with crackers.