This Mediterranean Couscous Salad is the perfect side dish for summer! Asparagus, feta and couscous makes this a delicious mediterranean salad!
- 1 cup couscous (uncooked)
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 6 asparagus stalks, cut into matchstick length pieces
- 2/3 cup crumbled feta
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Cut asparagus and onion.
- Add a tablespoon of oil to a frying pan.
- Once oil is hot, add asparagus and onion.
- Cook until asparagus softens (but isn’t mushy), about 5 minutes
- Meanwhile, cook couscous according to package instructions. Set aside.
- In a small dish, combine garlic, olive oil, red wine vinegar, honey, salt and pepper.
- Stir to combine.
- Add asparagus, onion and feta to couscous in a serving bowl.
- Drizzle dressing over couscous mixture and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately (reheat if necessary before serving).
You can use either variation of couscous – Israeli or instant – for this recipe. Be sure to just cook it based on the packaging instructions.